These terms and conditions concern the coaching relationship between Dr. Anthony McCann (Coach and EMCC member) and the Client whereby Dr. McCann agrees to provide coaching services for particular clients.
These terms and conditions set out the ground rules for the coaching relationship and clarify expectations.
For our coaching relationship to work well, it will be important for you to come to your coaching sessions prepared to explore the aspects of your life that you want to change. In coaching we will look at those things that prevent you from fulfilling your potential. In particular, we will explore those attitudes, behaviours, values and beliefs that hold you back and stop you from doing the things you want to do.
To get the most out of your coaching sessions it helps to be:
- Serious about wanting to change;
- Ready to approach negative thoughts and feelings, attitudes, behaviours and actions as opportunities for learning and growth;
- Prepared to try out new ideas or ways of doing things and reflect and learn from the experience;
- Prepared to listen to feedback and act on it where appropriate to do so;
- Prepared to spend time in between sessions working on any action points you set.
I look forward to working with you. As we go along I will explain the tools we use, and I will support you as you work toward a high degree of self-awareness.
COACHING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- In accepting these terms and conditions, you agree that if you experience any mental health difficulties during the course of this coaching process you will notify me immediately, so I can refer you appropriately.
- We will agree on times for our coaching sessions. This time will be reserved for you. Should you need to reschedule or cancel an appointment, I would ask that you give me at least 24 hours notice (otherwise, you may be charged the customary fee for the missed appointment).
- My current fee schedule of £50 relates to sessions of 60 minutes each, and £25 for a further 30 minutes. If you need to schedule additional sessions, this can be done at a mutually agreed time.
- All payments can be made in cash, via bank transfer (contact me for details), by Paypal (pay to: firstname.lastname@example.org), or by cheque (payable to Anthony McCann).
- I follow the data requirements of GDPR legislation and the coaching Global Code of Ethics.
- During coaching sessions I will keep notes of the meeting and any action points we have agree upon. I will keep these notes confidential throughout the contract and then store them for 12 months after our sessions come to an end. After 12 months the notes will be shredded or sent to you on request (with the proviso that they may be illegible to anyone but myself!).
- Any information arising during our coaching sessions and other exchanges will remain strictly confidential unless you give me permission to release specific information (with a therapist or doctor, for example). If such a case arises, you will sign a release form to authorise this. In rare cases I am legally obliged to communicate information with appropriate authorities. Confidential Information does not include information that: (a) was in the coach’s possession prior to its being furnished by the client; (b) is generally known to the public or in the client’s industry; (c) is obtained by the coach from a third party, without breach of any obligation to the client; (d) is independently developed by the coach without use of or reference to the client’s confidential information; or (e) the coach is required by statute, lawfully issued subpoena, or by court order to disclose; (f) is disclosed to the coach and as a result of such disclosure the coach reasonably believes there to be an imminent or likely risk of danger or harm to the client or others; and (g) involves illegal activity. In agreeing to these terms and conditions you also acknowledge your continuing obligation to raise any confidentiality questions or concerns with me in a timely manner.
- Please remember not to communicate details of sessions on a company-owned email system, via a shared email account, or on social media. If you choose to disseminate information from sessions in these ways, you hereby acknowledge that you have chosen to use a mode of communication that may not be confidential.
- Due to professional obligations I engage in continuing professional development. The process requires client information for possible verification by the EMCC. If you agree, only your name, contact information and start and end dates of coaching will be shared with EMCC staff members for the purpose of verifying the coaching relationship. No personal notes will be shared. According to the ethics of the coaching profession, topics may be anonymously and hypothetically shared with other coaching professionals for training, supervision, mentoring, evaluation, and for coach professional development and/or consultation purposes.
- By agreeing with these terms and conditions you accept that you are solely responsible for creating and implementing your own physical, mental and emotional well-being, decisions, choices, actions and results arising out of, or resulting from, the coaching relationship and your coaching sessions and interactions with the Coach. As such, as client you agree that the Coach is not and will not be liable or responsible for any actions or inaction, or for any direct or indirect result of any services provided by the Coach.
- By agreeing with these terms and conditions you acknowledge that coaching does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders as defined by the Royal College of Psychiatrists and that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for counselling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care, substance abuse treatment, or other professional advice by legal, medical or other qualified professionals and that it is your exclusive responsibility as the client to seek such independent professional guidance as needed. If you are currently under the care of a mental health professional, it is recommended that you promptly inform the mental health care provider of the nature and extent of the coaching relationship that has been agreed between us.
- In accordance with these terms and conditions, we hereby agree to establish a coaching relationship through face-to-face meetings. These meetings are currently scheduled to occur in person at times we agree upon. I will be available by e-mail and by phone as outlined above. Depending on availability, I also offer additional services, per your request on a pro-rated basis rate of £50 per hour (for example, reviewing documents, reading or writing reports, engaging in other client-related services outside of coaching hours).
- You may terminate or discontinue the coaching relationship at any time with two weeks notice. If either of us wishes to change the time of a session we agree to give one another at least 48hrs notice in advance if possible. If either of us does not arrive on time by the beginning of the session, not having already cancelled the session, we will assume the other party isn’t coming.If you miss a session without notifying me, you will still be charged the full rate for the session.If I miss the session without notifying you, I will either reimburse you or offer you an alternative coaching session within 5 working days.
- Except as expressly provided in these terms and conditions, as coach I make no guarantees, representations or warranties of any kind or nature, express or implied with respect to the coaching services negotiated, agreed upon and rendered. In no event shall I as Coach be liable to you, the Client, for any indirect, consequential or special damages. Notwithstanding any damages that the client may incur, the coach’s entire liability under this Agreement, and the client’s exclusive remedy, shall be limited to the amount actually paid by the client to the coach under this Agreement for all coaching services rendered through and including the termination date.
- These terms and conditions reflect the entire agreement between me, the coach, and you, the client, and reflect a complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter. These terms and conditions supersede all prior written and oral representations. These terms and conditions may not be amended, altered or supplemented except in writing signed by both the coach and the client.